Make a difference in a Flash
WHAT IS LINK UP FLASH CONSULTING?
Flash Consulting is a fun and efficient way to bring about change.
Our Flash Consulting events match volunteers with expertise to Social Good Organisations in a one-off consultancy session, that lasts 1 hour and is structured by Link UP London.
Each Flash Consulting event hosts multiple matches of Skilled Volunteers and Social Good Organisations, making for an amazing mix of people in the room. Volunteers contribute their skills/knowledge to a good cause and organisations access professional advice in a structured environment. The event usually focuses on one skill area that we know charities are in need of, based on our ongoing work in the community. In the past we have run events on Digital Marketing / Social Media, Organisational Development, Communications and Strategy.
How does it work?
- Volunteers and organisations sign up within a defined timeframe.
- Prior to the event, we work behind the scenes to make perfect matches between the volunteer and the organisation in need of support.
- Volunteers are then briefed on their match in advance.
- SGOs and Volunteers arrive to the event and are placed in private breakout rooms (on breakout tables for in person events) to get stuck into it!
Who takes part?
- London-based micro, small and medium sized Social Good Organisations (community groups, registered charities, social enterprises) in need of specific organisational support.
- Volunteers with specific professional experience in the area of focus for that event.
What do participants say?
"I had such a great session with Grazia and Chris. Frankly, I didn't want us to leave, they both brought wisdom, clarity and direction to the universe of tasks I had on my mind."
"Really helpful session - got a lot of good tips and advice. Has helped me look at different ways to tackle issues."
“Loved it. Have a very clear plan of action now and some new things to get to grips with.”
“It always helps to talk things through; it sparks creativity and energy.”
"Well run and duration is good for time I have available."
“Great, simple, easy way to support doing good in the world.”
“Good to think of best practice for my own business and then to put this in action for the local community.”
"Straightforward set up, love the format of having one hour, it flew by really quickly!"
"I really enjoyed the event - I've found volunteering with Link Up London to be great so far, rewarding and interesting and it's definitely something I want to do more of."
Want more information? Get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team!