Link UP London Privacy Statement
We will collect personal information from you when you enquire about our opportunities for charities or volunteers, when you enquire about or participate in our ReLaunch workshops, sign up to our newsletter or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from other people, if a friend or colleague refers you to an activity or to our website.
We will also gather general information regarding the use of our website and our community, such as which pages are visited most frequently, and how often people come to the events or workshops we run. Only anonymous information and statistics will be used which do not identify individual visitors. This information helps us improve the services and information we offer. We may use service providers to help us collect and analyse this information.
The types of personal information collected might include name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, work history, areas of training and education, we can also collect your opinions about an activity, service or an issue.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, for administration purposes and to further our charitable aims. We may need to share your information with our funders, service providers, associated organisations and agents for these purposes.
We will use your personal information to be in touch with you about Link UP activities unless you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can opt out of receiving any information from us at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Privacy and Security
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information, sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser. Essentially it takes the form of a small text file deposited on your computer’s hard drive.
Personal Detail Protection
Information that you submit in a registration or enquiry form is encrypted and stored on a secure server. However, the transmission of information over the Internet is never 100% secure so while we try to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee the security of any information you submit to us via our website.
We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we receive is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. All access to our secure server is restricted only to authorised staff.
Link UP London may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to a court order or, in exceptional circumstances, where we think someone is at serious risk of being harmed, we may contact the police or a local authority safeguarding team.
Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. Link UP London is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organisations’ websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
Data Protection (Rights of Access)
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you which we will provide free of charge, and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link UP London reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. The most up to date version will be always be available on our website so please check from time to time, continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted any changes.
FACEBOOK COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2020 - KINDNESS ELVES
- The promoter is: Link UP London (company no. 11434709.) whose registered office is at Scratch Hub, Battersea Arts Centre, Lavender Hill, SW11 5TN
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of Link UP London and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his / her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.facebook.com/LinkUPLondonUK/
- Multiple entries will be accepted per person, but the nominee and act of kindness must be different for each entry. The name of the entrant and all names of nominees will be entered into the prize draw but only one winner will be selected. Each individual can only be entered into the competition once
- Closing date for entry will be Monday 23 November 2020 at 23:59. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- To be entered into the prize draw, participants must:
- Like a competition post
- Detail a Random Act of Kindness that the entrant or a friend has done to make someone smile this year in the comments of the competition post
The ‘like’ and ‘comment’ will enter the participant (and friend(s) if they nominate someone) into the prize draw.
Participants can enter as many times and as many people as they like.
The winner will be announced on Tuesday 24 November on @LinkUPLondon Facebook page.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition
- The prize for one winner is a single set of The Kindness Elves™ Set: Classic Original (light wood and dark wood tone)
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents
- The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook and / or an email within 5 working days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 5 working days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner
- The promoter will confirm a delivery address with the winner and notify them when the prize will be delivered
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England
- The winner agrees to the use of his / her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com