How can we support your Social Good Organisation with a Skilled Volunteer?
Could a Skilled Volunteer help you?
We know that running a Social Good Organisation (SGO) is hard work and you can’t always have the expertise you need in house. Our projects help your SGO make use of volunteer consultants to build the capacity of your organisation, so you can do what you do best; serve local people and the community.
If you have a short-term project that will help you do your work better, we can connect you to a Skilled Volunteer to help. Our volunteers have industry specific expertise ranging from Marketing, Accounting, IT to Policy and much more. Our volunteers are not front-line, rather they help you to break through developmental barriers that your organisation is facing.
We currently work with SGOs (inc. Charities, Community Groups and Social Enterprises) across London, focusing most on areas of highest deprivation.
What do organisations say?
Was the volunteer professional?
98% say YES!
How would organisation's rate our volunteers?
100% GOOD or EXCELLENT!
Would they be interested in another Link UP project?
100% say YES!
Would they recommend Link UP to other organisations?
100% say YES!
“I like Link UP London, they're are old school, they talk to you about what your requirements might be and they LISTEN to what you have to say. Then they go away and act upon what you have said. In our case they came up trumps. BIG thank you!”
What do we need?
To have a Link UP volunteer consultant with your organisation you will need to:
- Identify and clearly define a project that will help build the capacity of the organisation.
- Have a specified timeframe (start/end date).
- Have a robust structure in place to manage the Skilled Volunteer.
- Be based in an area where Link UP works.
- Have liability insurance in place.
- Be able to respond within 3 working days.
Complete an Organisation Sign Up Form to get started. Our dedicated staff is happy to assist with the application if needed, just get in touch!
Need inspiration? Here are some ways volunteer consultants can help!
- Finance and accounting systems
- Database development
- Provision of legal advice
- Human resource policy development or review
- Creating an employee handbook
- Assessment and recommendation for systems
- Volunteer recruitment strategy
- Developing a communications strategy
- Creating marketing materials
- Creating a newsletter
- Writing an Annual Review
- Producing a video
- Taking photographs
- Case study development
- Developing a social media plan
- Website design and development
- Setting up social media processes
- Conducting a tech systems review
- Google apps setup
- Prototyping a mobile site
Strategy and Governance
- Advising on strategic development
- Facilitating a strategy session
- Creating trustee policies and procedures
- Developing a branding message
- Writing a strategic plan
- Serving as a Trustee
- Conducting an evaluation
- Developing a monitoring system
- Conducting an online survey
- Assisting with programme development
- Scoping exercise for potential programmes
- Developing a fundraising strategy
- Creating a corporate fundraising campaign
- Donor identification
- Donor recruitment
- Creating a pitch for funders
Not sure if you're ready? Get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team!